CREAMERY, MOUNTAIN BAR IN CHAMONIX
Why this is a good address ?
- With its breathtaking view of the Aiguilles rouges, the Crèmerie Caillet is a must in Chamonix, at 1590 m altitude.
- A colorful bar, full of history. On the historic muleteers’ path, Josephine Bonaparte and Victor Hugo settled there!
- The service is continuous from 9 am until dinner (evening meal on reservation)
- You can enjoy the lemon meringue pie, the wood-fired tartiflette at sunset, the buffet of savory pies or the brioche. Everything is homemade and tasty!
- Unusual night in the comfortable translucent Dome, oriented so as to be aligned with the North Star. For 125 €/pers, treat yourself to an unforgettable night in a queen size bed under the stars and an exquisite half board.
To go to the Caillet mountain bar is to follow in the footsteps of the valley’s pioneers. Between Chamonix and Montenvers, this creamery will delight you with its exceptional view and its delicious menu. It is even said that the life span of a lemon pie when it comes out of the oven is 1 hour…
How not to marvel at the sunset, the scent of a wood oven pizza titillating you and wake up in the transparent dome, facing the Aiguilles Rouges?
- Children’s corner with games and permanent treasure hunt.
- BBQ on sunny weekends.
- Exhibition of crystals. David, master of the place and crystal maker, amateur and passionate, tells you about his adventures in search of crystals, alongside Noëlle Sivrière’s engravings.
- The wood-fired oven, designed by the owners, unique and conceived during their travels.
- Privatization possible. Want to have breakfast or dinner together? Do not hesitate to contact them. Everything is possible on request.
- Organic and local products for 9 years brought by train, then backpacked.
- Kitchen for vegans and vegetarians if requested in advance
TO KNOW +
Designed for a couple * not suitable for small children.
Reservations recommended for lunches and dinners.
Closed from September 17.