HISTORIC BAR OF CHAMONIX
Why this is a good address ?
- Historic bistro open from 7am to 1am, 365 days a year
- Very good value for money
- Bistro menu and Savoyard specialties (cuisine maison à base de produits frais)
- Daily menu (3 courses) at 15€.
Created for the 1924 Olympic Games, this historic bar in Chamonix, nicknamed BDS by the locals, has kept all its soul from the past. Pierre and Xavier, who took over in 2020, have given it a facelift so that it regains its splendor. With its fine cuisine and local HQ, this is a must-see address!
- 8 different draft beers
- A cellar by the glass that allows you to serve wine by the glass at the perfect temperature (the best)
- Regular concerts and broadcasts of sporting events (check the schedule on Instagram).
- Signature dishes: the calf’s head and the pig’s trotter