REFRESHMENT BAR AND ALTITUDE MUSEUM IN CHAMONIX
Why this is a good address ?
- Easily accessible mountain bar
- A real high altitude museum in Chamonix, under the open sky. Permanent interactive exhibition, unique in the valley (all details below)
- The view on the Bossons glacier and the Aiguille du Midi is breathtaking! The Glacier is the highest ice fall in the Alps (3630 m of vertical drop).
- Chalet abundantly flowered with taste, colored atmosphere, anti gray mine assured!
- We love the crust and the blueberry pie picked by the owner.
If there is a hike to do with the family in Chamonix, it is this one! The chalet of the Glacier des Bossons is more than a refreshment bar, it’s a real high altitude museum! Discover with your family, in a playful and interactive way, the evolution and the anecdotes of the Bossons glacier thanks to the Visio Ice! And enjoy a good crust or an omelette!
- The Visio Ice or interactive museum/exhibition.
The master of the place has thought and realized a very complete interactive exhibition. During the walk that leads to the viewpoint on the glacier and the Aiguille du Midi, discover the history, the filmography, the plane crashes, the glacier’s retreat thanks to a tablet and panels.
- You can also see the remains of planes found on the glacier and the bobsleigh used in the film Malabar Princess.
- This video guide in French, English and Italian is really well done and entertaining. Ask for it at the chalet, it can be rented for 6 €. (includes a complete 36 pages guide on the Glacier des Bossons)
TO KNOW +
🥾 2 options to get to the Glacier des Bossons chalet:
📍for walkers : Departure from the Mont, next to the jumping hill.
The signs say 55 min (I put 21 min so it really depends on your pace)
➡️ D+295m• 1,4 km Pleasant path without difficulty.
Add 15 minutes if you start from the bottom of the chairlift.
📍 For those who like to ride the lifts:
Take the Bossons chairlift, 1102 m long, dating from 1960. At the top, you will have only 3 minutes to walk.
🚡open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (last ascent) ALLER : 10,60 € – Return ticket : 14,20 € Reduced rates Seniors and family – ascent included in the Compagnie du Mont-Blanc Multipass)
⏱ From the chalet, you can continue to the Pyramids chalet: 1 h-1 h 30 or to the Jonction (3 h 30-4 h)
Chalet du Glacier des Bossons
- 04 50 53 03 89